2015 AR-15 SERVICE RIFLE CLINIC
The Maryland Rifle Club again is sponsoring jointly with the Maryland State Rifle Team an AR-15 Rifle Clinic. The objective of this clinic is to develop proficiency in using the AR-15.
- This clinic is for shooters (new or inexperienced) who want to learn marksmanship skills with the AR-15. It is also for shooters who have some experience with an AR but have not shot competitively. This is not a clinic for teaching intermediate or advanced skills.
- Juniors (15-21) are encouraged to register. A junior has to be able to safely handle the rifle in the standing position.
- Coaching will be provided by the best highpower rifle shooters in the state. Coaching on the firing line will be one on one.
- Rifles and ammo will be provided.
The clinic is limited to 32 attendees and always fills up fast. So don’t delay if you are interested!
NOTE: It is highly recommended that you do stretching exercises starting a few weeks prior to the clinic. This will help with getting into and maintaining the prone and sitting positions which is taught using a sling for support. Otherwise, you might find your muscles too sore to complete the clinic.
- A 2 day clinic, Saturday March 21, 2015 & Saturday March 28, 2015 (7:30am-4:30pm).
- Cost: $95 per adult, Juniors (under 21) $55. Preregistration required. Attendance limited to first 32 paid applicants. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 21 days before 3/21/15.
- The clinic will be held at the Associated Gun Ranges at Marriottsville, MD
- Send registration fee (check made to Maryland Rifle Club, Inc.), name, age (if junior), address, phone number, e-mail address, T-shirt size, & club affiliation (if any) to:
PO Box 1425
Ellicott City, MD 21041
Direct email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
For many years the primary focus of the club has been High Power Service Rifle competition. Members of the club compete in 200 yard reduced-course matches, across-the-course matches that are fired at distances ranging from 200 yards to 600 yards, and long-range matches that start at 600 yards.
These matches are fired using U.S. service rifles or their civilian equivalents. Under the direction of the current Executive Officer the club continues to build and field strong high power teams. MRC high power shooters are gaining recognition in the local high power community for their enthusiasm and commitment to the sport. By a very wide margin, more members of the Maryland State Rifle Team belong to the Maryland Rifle Club than to any other club in the state of Maryland.
In addition to High Power Service Rifle competition, the MRC also organizes matches for vintage military rifles such as the M1 “Garand”, the M1903 “Springfield”, and other rifles bearing historic names such as Mauser, Enfield, Mosin-Nagant, Schmidt-Rubin, and Mannlicher. These matches are intended as fun matches and they are open to the general public. They provide a perfect opportunity for collectors – and those who are just plain curious about old military rifles – to come out, examine a variety of historic rifles, and do a little shooting. These matches also offer a relaxed introduction to the sport of high power rifle competition as the firing line commands used in our matches are very similar to those used in high power rifle competition.